Learn, plan and gather support to cope with a loved one’s illness.
Support and Companionship on the Journey of Aging and Serious Illness
Care Partners of Cook County provides vital support and services to help clients and their families address the transitions of aging, serious illness and end of life with safety, dignity, and confidence.
Fall Newsletter is now Available
- Light Up a Life Tree Lighting Ceremony, Thursday, December 6, at 5:30 5 pm, Johnson Heritage Post.
The 10th Annual “Light up a Life” offers community members the opportunity to celebrate the life of a loved one during the holiday season. Each donation lights one bulb in memory of one person on our memory tree, located downtown in front of the Johnson Heritage Post. Click this link to print a donation form. They are also available at area churches, and businesses.
The Tree Lighting Ceremony will be inside the Johnson Heritage Post on Thursday, December 6th at 5:30 pm. Barb Bottger will assist with a short ceremony of reflection and connection. Amy Schmidt will be providing music. The event is sponsored by Care Partners to support end of life services in Cook County.
For more information, contact Kay Grindland, Care Partners Director at 387-3788 or email@example.com.
- Senior Rides Volunteer Training
Care Partners will be holding a volunteer training for those interested in our Senior Rides Program on Thursday, November 15th from 2:30 to 5:30PM at the Sawtooth Mountain Clinic lower level classroom. Volunteer Senior Rides Drivers provide rides to those 60 and over for medical, and wellness activities to Duluth or in Cook County. Volunteers are reimbursed for mileage.
Call 387-3788 to register.
- Care Partners Ice Cream Social a Success! Over a 120 community supporters, volunteers and visitors turned out for Care Partners of Cook County’s 3rd Annual Ice Cream Social at Sydney’s Frozen Custard. They enjoyed sundaes, chair massages from Lutzen Reflections and a silent auction before the rain herded us inside for the quilt raffle draw. Marlene Grindland of Sartell, Minnesota won the beautiful quilt made by Carol Harris. All together over $5000 was raised to support programs for those on the journey of aging, serious illness and end-of-life.
Many thanks to all who came out to support Care Partners and to the event sponsors: Sydney's Frozen Custard, Lutzen Reflections Massage Studios, Red Pine Realty, Sivertson Gallery, Blue Water Cafe, Mike’s Holiday Station, Grand Marais State Bank, Thrivent, Ryden’s Border Store. Thank you as well to our Silent Auction donors: Mary Ofjord, Attorney Ruthanne Hedstrom Vos, Harbor House Grille, Gunflint Mercantile Mary Bebie, North Shore Winery Jayne Johnson, Studio 61 Hair Design, Drury Lane Books, Birch Bark Gallery, The Blue Moose, and WTIP.
For more information contact Care Partners Director, Kay Grindland at 387-3788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Care Partners Quilt Raffle: Marlene Grindland of Sartell, Minnesota won the beautiful quilt made by Carol Harris.
- Senior Chore Program | Assistance for those 60 years old and over with short-term tasks that can be burdensome, stressful or unsafe. Examples include: Replacing Light Bulbs & Batteries, Yard Work, Minor Carpentry, Moving, Organizing/Cleaning
Join Us - Caregivers Coffee
Caregiver Coffee groups meet monthly to share resources and discuss topics related to caregiving. The Grand Marais group will not be meeting until Fall 2018. The Tofte group meets at Birch Grove on the 2nd Friday of the month. Contact us at 218-387-3788 for more information.
Dementia Friendly Cook County
Those with dementia and their caregivers are a vital part of our community. Care Partners of Cook County is active in promoting ways to help them feel welcome, comfortable and successful when encountering Cook County services, agencies, and businesses. Opportunities include classes in becoming a Dementia Friend, study programs for churches and schools, and trainings for retail businesses and agency staff.
Care Partners' staff and volunteers respect your privacy and will not share any information about you without your consent.