Learn, plan and gather support to cope with a loved one’s illness.
Support and Companionship on the Journey of Aging and Serious Illness
Care Partners of Cook County provides vital support and services to help clients and their families address the transitions of aging, serious illness and end of life with safety, dignity, and confidence.
Fall Newsletter is now Available
Opening for a Program/Volunteer Coordinator
Care Partners is looking for a competent Program and Volunteer Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will work with a caring team of staff and volunteers to coordinate rides, chore assistance, companionship and special programs to support community seniors. Responsibilities include program development and outreach, as well as volunteer recruitment, training and management.
If you are passionate about assisting seniors to retain their independence and quality of life, this job is for you. Candidates must have excellent abilities in working with people; have demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; and be proficient with computers. Experience working with volunteers and seniors is a plus. The position is currently 20 hours per week and pays $15-$17 per hour commensurate with experience. It also offers paid time off, variety, flexibility and opportunity for growth.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit a letter of application, resume and three references to Kay Grindland, Care Partners at email@example.com. For more information contact Kay Grindland at 218-387-3788.
- Conversation about Aging Services, Hovland at Trinity Lutheran, Thursday, October 4 at 1 pmJoin us for a conversation about supporting each other as we age: about your needs, Care Partners services, other aging services, and Care Partners volunteer opportunities.
- Companion Volunteer Training The gift of your friendship can mean a lot for those on the journey of aging or serious illness—just someone to hear their stories, be with them or remind them of their significance. Care Partners Volunteers provide companionship in the client’s home, at the Care Center, or the Hospital. Volunteers provide on-going friendly visits, a compassionate presence at end-of-life, phone check-ins, or caregiver respite—each volunteer finds their own niche.
Care Partners Volunteer Training will be held Wednesdays, October 10th, 17th and 24th from 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Snacks provided. Call 387-3788 to register.
- Care Partners Ice Cream Social a Success! Over a 120 community supporters, volunteers and visitors turned out for Care Partners of Cook County’s 3rd Annual Ice Cream Social at Sydney’s Frozen Custard. They enjoyed sundaes, chair massages from Lutzen Reflections and a silent auction before the rain herded us inside for the quilt raffle draw. Marlene Grindland of Sartell, Minnesota won the beautiful quilt made by Carol Harris. All together over $5000 was raised to support programs for those on the journey of aging, serious illness and end-of-life.
Many thanks to all who came out to support Care Partners and to the event sponsors: Sydney's Frozen Custard, Lutzen Reflections Massage Studios, Red Pine Realty, Sivertson Gallery, Blue Water Cafe, Mike’s Holiday Station, Grand Marais State Bank, Thrivent, Ryden’s Border Store. Thank you as well to our Silent Auction donors: Mary Ofjord, Attorney Ruthanne Hedstrom Vos, Harbor House Grille, Gunflint Mercantile Mary Bebie, North Shore Winery Jayne Johnson, Studio 61 Hair Design, Drury Lane Books, Birch Bark Gallery, The Blue Moose, and WTIP.
For more information contact Care Partners Director, Kay Grindland at 387-3788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Care Partners Quilt Raffle: Marlene Grindland of Sartell, Minnesota won the beautiful quilt made by Carol Harris.
- Senior Chore Program | Assistance for those 60 years old and over with short-term tasks that can be burdensome, stressful or unsafe. Examples include: Replacing Light Bulbs & Batteries, Yard Work, Minor Carpentry, Moving, Organizing/Cleaning
Join Us - Caregivers Coffee
Caregiver Coffee groups meet monthly to share resources and discuss topics related to caregiving. The Grand Marais group will not be meeting until Fall 2018. The Tofte group meets at Grand Marais State Bank - Tofte Branch meeting room on the 2nd Friday of the month. Contact us at 218-387-3788 for more information.
Dementia Friendly Cook County
Those with dementia and their caregivers are a vital part of our community. Care Partners of Cook County is active in promoting ways to help them feel welcome, comfortable and successful when encountering Cook County services, agencies, and businesses. Opportunities include classes in becoming a Dementia Friend, study programs for churches and schools, and trainings for retail businesses and agency staff.
Care Partners' staff and volunteers respect your privacy and will not share any information about you without your consent.