Learn, plan and gather support to cope with a loved one’s illness.
Support and Companionship on the Journey of Aging and Serious Illness
- Learning Life After Loss, is a Grief Group sponsored by Care Partners and led by Pastor Beth Benson and Care Partners Volunteer Jack McHugh. The 6-session group meets April 11, 25 May 9, 23, June 6, 20 from 3:30-5 pm at the 1st Congregational Church. It includes sharing, facilitated conversations, readings and refreshments. All are welcome. Call Care Partners at 387-3788 for more information. RSVPs encouraged.
- Complicated Grief, Hospice Foundations 2017 Living with Grief Program will be shown Thursday, May 4, 2-4 pm at the Sawtooth Mountain Clinic lower level classroom. CEU's available.
- Senior Spring Cleanup Day, Saturday, May 20th will match volunteer groups with elderly neighbors who need help with spring outdoor clean-up. Interested groups of all ages are invited to call 387-3788 by May 5th to sign up.
- Companion Volunteer Training | Share the gift of your presence with those on the journey of aging or serious illness. Friday, June 9 from 4:30-8 pm through Saturday, June 10 from 9 am - 3 pm.
- Care Partners 2nd Annual Ice Cream Social will be held August 27th, from 2-5 pm at Sydney’s Frozen Custard! Join us to enjoy a sundae, learn about programs, and meet board and staff. All proceeds go to support Care Partners services to support those on the journey of aging, serious illness and end of life.
Join Us - Caregivers Coffee
Caregiver Coffee groups meet monthly to share resources and discuss topics related to caregiving. The Grand Marais group meets the 3rd Friday of the month at the Cook County Whole Foods Coop. The Tofte group meets at Birch Grove on the 2nd Friday of the month. Contact us at 218-387-3788 for more information.
New Site, Same Vital Services
Welcome to the new website of Care Partners of Cook County! In 2015, Care Partners was incorporated as a nonprofit, growing from from a community effort to provide hospice-like services through programming at the North Shore Health Care Foundation. Care Partners looks forward to serving its clients, their families, and volunteers with greater purpose than ever.
Care Partners' staff and volunteers respect your privacy and will not share any information about you without your consent.