Volunteers tend to occasional chores around the house or yard to help adults 60 years and older remain safely in their homes. Examples of chores include:
- Vacuuming & dusting
- Closet organization
- Smoke alarm battery replacement
- Changing out window screens
- Yard raking
- Spring garden prep
Volunteers choose their assignments and are reimbursed for mileage.
- Complete Care Partners Chore Service Volunteer orientation (2-3 hours)
- Submit application and complete background study
- Be able to follow instructions, work independently and communicate well with older adults
- Have reliable transportation
In addition, Care Partners sometimes sponsors a Chore Week in the spring and/or fall. These are open to families and volunteers of all ages (those younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult.) No special training or background check is required to help with Chore Week.
For more information, or to find out when the next orientation session is scheduled, contact Care Partners at (218) 387-3788, or click here to let us know about your interest and we'll contact you.