Volunteers make deliveries or tend to occasional chores around the house or yard to help adults 60 years and older remain safely in their homes. Examples of chores include:
- Vacuuming & dusting
- Closet organization
- Smoke alarm battery replacement
- Changing out window screens
- Yard raking
- Spring garden prep
- Picking up & delivering groceries
Volunteers choose their assignments and are reimbursed for mileage.
- Complete Care Partners Chore Service self-directed volunteer training (2-3 hours)
- Submit application and complete background study
- Be able to follow instructions, work independently and communicate well with older adults
- Have reliable transportation
In addition, Care Partners sometimes organizes Chore events in the spring and/or fall which are open to volunteers of all ages, including families and community/civic groups (volunteers younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult.) No special training or background check is required to help with these special Chore events.
Self Directed Volunteer Training
Learn the basics of our Senior Rides or Chore programs in the comfort of your own home using a combination of on-line print resources and print materials. Then meet one-on-one with a staff member in our Care Partners office to go over any questions and review next steps.