Volunteers make deliveries or tend to occasional chores around the house or yard to help adults 60 years and older remain safely in their homes. Examples of chores include:
- Vacuuming & dusting
- Closet organization
- Smoke alarm battery replacement
- Changing out window screens
- Yard raking
- Spring garden prep
- Picking up & delivering groceries
Volunteers choose their assignments and are reimbursed for mileage.
- Complete Care Partners Chore Service Volunteer orientation (2-3 hours)
- Submit application and complete background study
- Be able to follow instructions, work independently and communicate well with older adults
- Have reliable transportation
In addition, Care Partners sometimes organizes Chore events in the spring and/or fall which are open to volunteers of all ages, including families and community/civic groups (volunteers younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult.) No special training or background check is required to help with these special Chore events.
For more information, or to find out when the next volunteer training session is scheduled, contact Care Partners at (218) 387-3788, or click here to let us know about your interest and we'll contact you.