Companion Volunteers share the gift of their presence by providing companionship in the client’s home, at the Care Center, or the hospital. Volunteers provide a number of key services, including:
- Compassionate presence at end-of-life
- On-going friendly visits
- Phone check-ins
- Caregiver respite
Volunteers choose their assignments and are reimbursed for mileage.
Training to Help You Succeed
A free nine-hour training is offered over several evenings or a combination of evenings and weekends. Topics covered include palliative care, caregiving, end-of-life issues, psycho-social and spiritual dynamics and procedures. Ongoing volunteer support is also provided.
- Complete Companion Volunteer training
- Submit application and complete background study
- Agree to Care Partner's Confidentiality and Security Policy
- Willingness to respect client and family belief systems
- Provide documentation for all client visits
For more information, or to find out when the next Companion Volunteer training is scheduled, contact Care Partners at (218) 387-3788.